An image based around the idea of what would happen to Goldilocks if she did indeed encounter three bears.
We often take fairy tales at face value. Through this painting, I hope to educate children and adults, that it is not cool or okay to sample the beds and food of a family of bears. The results could be disastrous!
This portfolio features various stages of this projects’ development. Listed below are some supplementary details.
- Final painted version
- Detail shot – Goldilocks
- Detail shot – Papa Bear
- Detail shot – Baby Bear
- Detail shot – Mama Bear
- Detail shot – Ficus tree and homage to artist Thomas Kinkade. Every good home seems to have a Kinkade painting on their walls.
- Progress shot – color areas are roughed in
- Progress shot – added some shading and volume to bears
- Progress shot – installed the wood floors
- Progress shot – wall development, painting and quilt added
- Progress shot – fine-tuned elements, final picture before adding the gore
- Concept Sketch – Goldilocks (top torso)
- Concept Sketch – Goldilocks (bottom torso)
- Concept Sketch – Mama Bear
- Concept Sketch – Crude Baby Bear
- Concept Sketch – Papa Bear
- Concept Sketch – Initial version of interior space
- Concept Sketch – Enhanced version of interior space