A pun-based piece that plays around with the idea of a muscle car.
In this print, I’ve drawn a classic 1970 Plymouth Hemi Barracuda muscle car, and superimposed a human muscle anatomy to its paint scheme. As always, I’ve tried a few new things with this piece and for the most part, I am content with its final form. One new thing for this print, was using a super transparent black ink to suggest at some of the car’s volume and shading. Although I feel it is successful in certain areas of the print, I was hesitant to utilize this ink to the overall design, as I was unsure about how it would react to the subsequent ink layers. I plan to further explore the potentials and limitations of this added color layer with future prints.
- Final printed version of the image. 8-Color Silkscreen Print. I wished for this print to be the fusion of the following vector layers. It was mildly successful.
- Vector version of image without car’s shading and highlights
- Vector version of car without the muscle anatomy paint scheme
- Rendered muscles for vehicle’s side panels
- Rendered muscles for vehicle’s hood
- Anatomy sketch