A silkscreen collage exploring some new color combinations and vertical patterning.
The numbers in the title of the piece correspond to various components of this individual work.
- 86 – Describes the number of segments used for this project.
- 14 – Represents the number of segment colors. There are 14 different values and hues that compose the structure of this image.
- 167 – Describes the number of color layers to create individual segment colors. Each color segment consists of anywhere between 10-15 colors.
These prints are the result of my ongoing exploration of the possibilities and limitations of the silk-screening process. With this work I discovered new color pairings along with some limitations to segment layout. From this, I hope to develop more of a database of colors to inform a more epic and engaging work.
This portfolio features various details of the project. Listed below are some supplementary details.
- Final collage
- Detail shot – focusing on some of the many color layers
- Angled shot – focusing on how the image was constructed